Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > router /modem

router /modem

geepeetee

Hi

Just going through the process of gettting the hardware together for when we
get broadband.

Unless a wireless router states it is a modem as well do i assume it hasnt
got this and i need a seperate one?

thanks
Gary
--
Visit my websites at
www.justjents.co.uk

Malke

geepeetee wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just going through the process of gettting the hardware together for when
> we get broadband.
>
> Unless a wireless router states it is a modem as well do i assume it hasnt
> got this and i need a seperate one?

Wireless routers are not modems. There are combination modem/routers like
the 2Wire. So see what your ISP offers. Unless you get a combo like the
2Wire, you will need your cable/dsl modem and then a wireless router.
Here's a link with some good pictures to help you visualize the setup
(naturally you don't need to buy Linksys - I just think this is a useful
site for basic info).

http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

Malke
--