Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > LINKSYS WAG54G Internet connection

LINKSYS WAG54G Internet connection

=?Utf-8?B?TUgx?=

I have a Linksys WAG54G wireless router/modem + corresponding wireless card
plugged into my PC. Upto about 1 week / 10 days ago, all was working fine -
but I then downloaded the latest Windows updates and also the latest
Zonealarm update. Since then I have been able to connect to the network, but
not to the internet - occasionally after much fiddling
(disconnecting/reconnecting etc) I get it to work, but not consistently. I
have tried disabling the firewall but no change - is there a problem with the
latest updates (or anyway of removing them???)

Malke

MH1 wrote:

> I have a Linksys WAG54G wireless router/modem + corresponding wireless
> card
> plugged into my PC. Upto about 1 week / 10 days ago, all was working fine
> - but I then downloaded the latest Windows updates and also the latest
> Zonealarm update. Since then I have been able to connect to the network,
> but not to the internet - occasionally after much fiddling
> (disconnecting/reconnecting etc) I get it to work, but not consistently.
> I have tried disabling the firewall but no change - is there a problem
> with the latest updates (or anyway of removing them???)

I believe this is probably connected with Zone Alarm. Check on the ZA
forums.

http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/

Malke
--