Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Everything in XSD could be located by XPATH?

Everything in XSD could be located by XPATH?

mavis

Firstly, is it possible to locate everything in xsd by XPATH?
for example,
xs:element[@name="person"]/xs:complexType/xs:sequence/xs:element[@name="firstname"]

Is there any good ways to record the XPath info through traversing the
XSD file?

Thanks!

Joe Kesselman

mavis wrote:
> Firstly, is it possible to locate everything in xsd by XPATH?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Schemas are themselves XML documents,
so you can process them with XML tools -- so, yes, you can run XPaths
against those documents. Of course it's up to you to figure out what
XPath to write to retrieve the information you want from the schema.

The obvious alternative is to find a parser that returns a structured
data model for the schema, then navigate that model.

> Is there any good ways to record the XPath info through traversing the
> XSD file?

Again, I'm not sure what question you're asking.