Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 2 Beta 1

Firefox 2 Beta 1

John

Question:

If I were to install Firefox 2 beta 1, would that be an irreversible action?
I'm not scared of the beta aspect, but I have found in the past that a newer
program is not always what I want (I'm still using Eudora 6.2 - I tried v.7, and
didn't like it).

OR, can I install Firefox beta 2 along with the existing Firefox programs?

Thanks for any insights!

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

John <>< wrote:
> Question:
>
> If I were to install Firefox 2 beta 1, would that be an irreversible action?
> I'm not scared of the beta aspect, but I have found in the past that a newer
> program is not always what I want (I'm still using Eudora 6.2 - I tried v.7, and
> didn't like it).
>
> OR, can I install Firefox beta 2 along with the existing Firefox programs?
>
> Thanks for any insights!

If you are going to be testing Firefox 2, then certainly you can have
both it and the current release version. Caveat: use a seperate profile
for each!

Dont run both from the same profile. Follow that and you will be able
to use em both just fine