Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > TX vs RX

TX vs RX

John

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 243/255, rxload 10/255

So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

Sorry for dumb question.

J.

M.C. van den Bovenkamp

John wrote:

> MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
> reliability 255/255, txload 243/255, rxload 10/255
>

> So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

TX & RX are always from the point of view of the router you're looking
at, so assuming it's the one at your site they are uploading. TX is much
higher than RX.

Regards,

Marco.

Toby

"M.C. van den Bovenkamp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:419ce8da$0$88480$(E-Mail Removed)4a ll.nl...
> John wrote:
>
>> MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
>> reliability 255/255, txload 243/255, rxload 10/255
>>

>> So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

> TX & RX are always from the point of view of the router you're looking at,
> so assuming it's the one at your site they are uploading. TX is much
> higher than RX.
>

> Regards,
>
> Marco.

It might just be me but although I believe the above to be correct it is
slightly ambiguous.

(RTR1)---------(RTR2)-------To the users

The TX/RX are from the view from inside the router looking at the interface.
If this is RTR2 interface pointing to RTR1 then the TX is from RTR2 to RTR1
i.e. from the users.
If this is the case then TX is greater than RX so the users would be
Uploading

Alternatively if this is RTR1 interface pointing to RTR2 then TX is from
RTR1 to RTR2 i.e to the users
If this is the case then TX is greater than RX so the users would be
Downloading.

Sorry for nit-picking no offence meant just wanted to clarify for the
benefit of John.

Regards

Toby