Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1811

Cisco 1811

John D.

I've never used a Cisco 1811 before, & I haven't been able to find the right
link at Cisco, but I'm trying to configure the 2 WAN ports as either
load-balancing or a back-up configuration. Does anybody have a link to this
documentation or can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.

-John

Merv

John D. wrote:
> I've never used a Cisco 1811 before, & I haven't been able to find the right
> link at Cisco, but I'm trying to configure the 2 WAN ports as either
> load-balancing or a back-up configuration.

There is nothing especially unique about the 1811 with respect to ECMP
load balancing. You need to use eithe CEF per destination or PPP multi
link to implement load balancing.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi John,

Martin Heusinger, Cisco CCIE No. 5980

Email: martin.heusinger *at* globalknowledge.de

States previously,

"To keep things simple you can put 2 static routes with just their
outgoing interfaces for the same destination. This will do
loadbalancing + failover. This may not work if you have Ethernet
presentation as WAN link.

Following this approach the config could look like this ( you have to
adjust interface names and IP addresses to your environment ):

interface Serial0
description to ISP1
ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.252

interface Serial1
description to ISP2
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.252

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 2.2.2.1

Also be advised, that this only takes care of IP routing, but NOT about
security - in fact there are no security filters in place at all.

Things get a lot more complicated in case you need NAT, because you do
not have your own IP address range. So the question is:

Do you have your own IP addresses or do you get your official IPs from
the respective ISPs?"

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

xavierk xavierk is offline
Junior Member

Can someone post a configuration sample of a failover + load-balancing configuration for the 1811, please. im a newbie with Cisco.

Thanks.

importing key and certificate into cisco 1811 amiliv@gmail.com Cisco 3 03-25-2009 12:33 PM
cisco 1811 someone Cisco 0 06-01-2006 06:36 PM
Cisco 1811 configs Lou Anschuetz Cisco 0 05-09-2006 02:10 PM
Cisco 1811 with multiple Vlans and internet interfaces Joel Cisco 0 02-06-2006 09:44 PM
Cisco 1811: V.92 configuration MdV Cisco 0 11-29-2005 10:58 AM

Advertisments