Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS and columns.

CSS and columns.

Jamie Allison

Any ideas why http://www.northeastimports.co.uk/poker.shtml displays ok in
IE but in firefox the images to the left go further down the page but do
not drag the white background down with them so they appear to be outside of
the content pane.

Rik

Jamie Allison wrote:
> Any ideas why http://www.northeastimports.co.uk/poker.shtml displays
> ok in IE but in firefox the images to the left go further down the
> page but do not drag the white background down with them so they
> appear to be outside of the content pane.

Because they're floated, IE incorrectly stretches the container to
incorporate them.

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/clearing.html

Grtz,
--
Rik Wasmus

Jamie Allison

"Rik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:91fe3$44d73912$8259c69c$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Jamie Allison wrote:
>> Any ideas why http://www.northeastimports.co.uk/poker.shtml displays
>> ok in IE but in firefox the images to the left go further down the
>> page but do not drag the white background down with them so they
>> appear to be outside of the content pane.

> Because they're floated, IE incorrectly stretches the container to
> incorporate them.
>
> http://www.quirksmode.org/css/clearing.html

Thanks,

It works perfect now

> Grtz,
> --
> Rik Wasmus

canadafred

Rik wrote:

> Because they're floated, IE incorrectly stretches the container to
> incorporate them.

I'll never get used to this CSS stuff.

I'm just a good ol' fashioned NotePad kinda' guy. Code in my sleep
every night for the morning's modifications. That's after coffee 2.0 of
course. Gotta' learn this CSS; stuff's gonna' be here for a while I
see. Doesn't look too complicated at first glance. Best to start
finding something to read on it I suppose. Wiki's always a good place
for a good quick synopsis. Gonna' go there for a while and start
learning this CSS stuff. ... See ya'

Respectfully
--
Fred