Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > File Upload Access Problems

Reply
Thread Tools

File Upload Access Problems

 
 
^MisterJingo^
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
Hi all,

On a 2.0 app i'm working on I'm attemtping to get file uploads to
work. I have given the ASPNET process full access to the upload
directory, but I still get an access densied error. If I set user
account to full accesses then the file uploads fine. The problem is,
the server guys do not want the user account to have such permissions.
How do i go about resolving this? I would have thought giving the
ASPNET process permissions would have been enough.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ps The server is running IIS 6

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmE=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
Have you set identity impersonate='true' in web.config file?

Set it to 'false' to carry out upload operation in the context of 'ASPNET'.

Regards,
Augustin

"^MisterJingo^" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On a 2.0 app i'm working on I'm attemtping to get file uploads to
> work. I have given the ASPNET process full access to the upload
> directory, but I still get an access densied error. If I set user
> account to full accesses then the file uploads fine. The problem is,
> the server guys do not want the user account to have such permissions.
> How do i go about resolving this? I would have thought giving the
> ASPNET process permissions would have been enough.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Ps The server is running IIS 6
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
^MisterJingo^
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006

Augustin Prasanna wrote:

> Have you set identity impersonate='true' in web.config file?
>
> Set it to 'false' to carry out upload operation in the context of 'ASPNET'.
>
> Regards,
> Augustin
>


Hi Augustin,

I've just set up an account to use for impersonation. This works fine
with some projects, but it causes one of them to stop working. The
project in question is a large portal that uses forms authentication,
utilising a mySQL role provider. When impersonation is enabled on this
application, no user can log in.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmE=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
I have tried this out in the past and i didnt have any issues. I didnt get
what you meant by 'but it causes one of them to stop working'.

Did you mean 'MySQL role provider' works only when impersonation is enabled?

you can even try impersonating for a specific piece of code instead of doing
that for the entire app.

- Augustin

"^MisterJingo^" wrote:

>
> Augustin Prasanna wrote:
>
> > Have you set identity impersonate='true' in web.config file?
> >
> > Set it to 'false' to carry out upload operation in the context of 'ASPNET'.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Augustin
> >

>
> Hi Augustin,
>
> I've just set up an account to use for impersonation. This works fine
> with some projects, but it causes one of them to stop working. The
> project in question is a large portal that uses forms authentication,
> utilising a mySQL role provider. When impersonation is enabled on this
> application, no user can log in.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
^MisterJingo^
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006

Augustin Prasanna wrote:
> I have tried this out in the past and i didnt have any issues. I didnt get
> what you meant by 'but it causes one of them to stop working'.
>
> Did you mean 'MySQL role provider' works only when impersonation is enabled?
>
> you can even try impersonating for a specific piece of code instead of doing
> that for the entire app.
>
> - Augustin
>


Hi Augustin,

The project i'm working on (which I took over from someone else) is an
authenticated portal which contains many smaller applications. The main
portal uses a role based authentication model, utilising a MySQL DB. If
I use impersonation in the smaller applications web.config's, it works
fine. But if I try using authentication in the main portals web.config
then it fails to authenticate a users login. I'm not sure why it's
doing this, but i'm looking into it.
Out of curiosity, how do you impersonate a specific piece of code?

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmE=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306158/ for details on how to
impersonate an user account for a specific piece of code.

"^MisterJingo^" wrote:

>
> Augustin Prasanna wrote:
> > I have tried this out in the past and i didnt have any issues. I didnt get
> > what you meant by 'but it causes one of them to stop working'.
> >
> > Did you mean 'MySQL role provider' works only when impersonation is enabled?
> >
> > you can even try impersonating for a specific piece of code instead of doing
> > that for the entire app.
> >
> > - Augustin
> >

>
> Hi Augustin,
>
> The project i'm working on (which I took over from someone else) is an
> authenticated portal which contains many smaller applications. The main
> portal uses a role based authentication model, utilising a MySQL DB. If
> I use impersonation in the smaller applications web.config's, it works
> fine. But if I try using authentication in the main portals web.config
> then it fails to authenticate a users login. I'm not sure why it's
> doing this, but i'm looking into it.
> Out of curiosity, how do you impersonate a specific piece of code?
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
File upload from client application (non-form based upload) stuart@microsoft.com Python 1 11-25-2006 12:14 AM
CGI file upload - problems with file size... DJ Stunks Perl Misc 1 01-23-2006 05:35 PM
Upload a file without file Upload control - ASP.Net =?Utf-8?B?U2FyYXY=?= ASP .Net 3 08-03-2005 01:09 AM
How to detect sizeof upload in order to show status of browser file upload? Heather Fraser Java 0 07-05-2004 12:35 AM
Upload Excel with Macros using HTML File Upload Prakash ASP General 3 11-12-2003 04:26 AM



Advertisments