Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GirdView - Edit resets the SelectCommand

GirdView - Edit resets the SelectCommand

Hanno

Hi, I have an AccessDataSource connected to a GridView that shows all
customers in a table. In the Page_Load event I check for any QueryStrings
being passed and change the AccessDataSource.SelectCommand so that it
becomes a "Select * From Customers where [ID] = 123". This works and I can
see only one customer in the GridView. But if I click on the "Edit" link,
which is a CommandField, it resets the GridView, showing all Customers and
places the first customer in edit mode.

I cannot see where I can control the Edit link, to stop it resetting the
query. Has anyone faced the same problem and overcome it?

Many thanks
Hanno