Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless networking problems!!

Wireless networking problems!!

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ubmk=?=

OK, I have a home computer and hooked a router up to it, I just recently
bought a laptop. I can connect to other wireless networks from my laptop, BUT
my home connection is not on my list, why is that and how can I get connected
through my home computer instead of outside networks?! PLEASE HELP ME!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Assuming that you have a Wireless Router (or Access Point), aka Wireless
source.
Your Wireless source and your Laptop are Not configured similarly.
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ronni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, I have a home computer and hooked a router up to it, I just recently
> bought a laptop. I can connect to other wireless networks from my laptop,
> BUT
> my home connection is not on my list, why is that and how can I get
> connected
> through my home computer instead of outside networks?! PLEASE HELP ME!

bobo

When mixing WIN98 on laptop or PC and XP on other PC'S or laptops
I have found installing NETBEUI protocol on all PC'S and laptops
works fine .
you can find these on your 98 and xp disks see below

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Assuming that you have a Wireless Router (or Access Point), aka Wireless
> source.
> Your Wireless source and your Laptop are Not configured similarly.
> May be this can Help.
> My New Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Ronni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK, I have a home computer and hooked a router up to it, I just recently
>> bought a laptop. I can connect to other wireless networks from my laptop,
>> BUT
>> my home connection is not on my list, why is that and how can I get
>> connected
>> through my home computer instead of outside networks?! PLEASE HELP ME!

bobo

sorry posted to wrong subject
"bobo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44d6f6ad$0$1194$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> When mixing WIN98 on laptop or PC and XP on other PC'S or laptops
> I have found installing NETBEUI protocol on all PC'S and laptops
> works fine .
> you can find these on your 98 and xp disks see below
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q301041
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Assuming that you have a Wireless Router (or Access Point), aka Wireless
>> source.
>> Your Wireless source and your Laptop are Not configured similarly.
>> May be this can Help.
>> My New Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
>> Wireless - Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
>> Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Ronni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> OK, I have a home computer and hooked a router up to it, I just recently
>>> bought a laptop. I can connect to other wireless networks from my
>>> laptop, BUT
>>> my home connection is not on my list, why is that and how can I get
>>> connected
>>> through my home computer instead of outside networks?! PLEASE HELP ME!

Malke

bobo wrote:

> sorry posted to wrong subject
> "bobo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44d6f6ad$0$1194$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> When mixing WIN98 on laptop or PC and XP on other PC'S or laptops
>> I have found installing NETBEUI protocol on all PC'S and laptops
>> works fine .
>> you can find these on your 98 and xp disks see below
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q301041

Wrong subject and wrong answer. See my reply to you in the other newsgroup.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Bobo

I though I had already said I had posted to the wrong subject and apologised
so looking at your signature I don't know whether to call you
Jumbo or Dumbo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...