Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > BBC page error

BBC page error

Peter Boerhof

Charani wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:31:41 +0100, We Are Devo! wrote:
>

>>Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
>>it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
>>
>>Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
>>

>Got the page not problem.
>
>Using 1.7.12 with Windows ME.

Which Flashplayer version do you use ?

Peter.
-=-=-
.... Taglines make great conversation pieces.

gwtc

We Are Devo! wrote:
> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
> it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
>
> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
>
> Cheers

no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.

Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

--
Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
with a single click.

We Are Devo!

On 06/08/2006 at 18:01:26 gwtc wrote :
> We Are Devo! wrote:
>> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with it?
>>
>> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.

> Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

There you go, I never thought that would do it, thanks it loads fine
now

--
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story.
It can give you the exact mathematical design,

Peter Boerhof

gwtc wrote:

> We Are Devo! wrote:
>
>> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem
>> with it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
>>
>> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.
>
> Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the answer
because the first time i went to the site it crashed my Mozilla and
Seamonkey so there wasn't a cookie set or something in cache.

Peter.
-=-=-
.... Objects in taglines are closer than they appear.

We Are Devo!

On 06/08/2006 at 18:24:24 Peter Boerhof wrote :
> Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the answer
> because the first time i went to the site it crashed my Mozilla and Seamonkey
> so there wasn't a cookie set or something in cache.

When I tried this fix I cleared the cache from FF but only cleared
unwanted cookies with Cookie monster, I did not clear all with FF, but
the page loads fine now!

--

We Are Devo! wrote:

> On 06/08/2006 at 18:24:24 Peter Boerhof wrote :
>
>> Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the
>> answer because the first time i went to the site it crashed my
>> Mozilla and Seamonkey so there wasn't a cookie set or something in
>> cache.

> When I tried this fix I cleared the cache from FF but only cleared
> unwanted cookies with Cookie monster, I did not clear all with FF, but
> the page loads fine now!

I figured it out what caused the crashing it was the Amazing Media
Browser extension that conflicts with Flash9.0 . Now Flash 9.0 is working .

Peter.--Watch for falling taglines <BONK> I warned you!

We Are Devo!

On 06/08/2006 at 20:02:36 Peter Boerhof wrote :

> I figured it out what caused the crashing it was the Amazing Media Browser
> extension that conflicts with Flash9.0 . Now Flash 9.0 is working .

Thanks for all you help Peter