Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CSC-SSM

CSC-SSM

asj

dear all,

As I read in the CSC documentation I can see we still need for the
anti-virus in each PC in our network to prevent the network from the
inside. is that correct ? if any one had used this module can provide
more info about this i'll appreciate it.

Regards

chris

"asj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> dear all,
>
> As I read in the CSC documentation I can see we still need for the
> anti-virus in each PC in our network to prevent the network from the
> inside. is that correct ? if any one had used this module can provide
> more info about this i'll appreciate it.
>
> Regards

Not all network traffic will traverse your firewall so it makes sense to
have protection on all the hosts on the network so that if someone brings a
virus to the network via an email, disk, flash drive etc.. then your network
hosts will have some level of protection against that. Having anti-virus/IDS
etc on your firewall would be no help at all on the local network.

Chris.

asj

yes chris thats what i thought also,
just one thing viruses via mails will inspected also thru the CSC

Regards

Ammar

chris wrote:
> "asj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > dear all,
> >
> > As I read in the CSC documentation I can see we still need for the
> > anti-virus in each PC in our network to prevent the network from the
> > inside. is that correct ? if any one had used this module can provide
> > more info about this i'll appreciate it.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> Not all network traffic will traverse your firewall so it makes sense to
> have protection on all the hosts on the network so that if someone brings a
> virus to the network via an email, disk, flash drive etc.. then your network
> hosts will have some level of protection against that. Having anti-virus/IDS
> etc on your firewall would be no help at all on the local network.
>
> Chris.

chris

"asj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> yes chris thats what i thought also,
> just one thing viruses via mails will inspected also thru the CSC

And do you trust it to pick up EVERY one?