Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Export DataSet/ XML as Excel Sheet

Export DataSet/ XML as Excel Sheet

Sachin Salgarkar

I have a DataSet that I need to export to Excel.

The dataset has multiple tables. I need a way to export the complete dataset
to a single Excel Workbook with sheets for each table in the dataset.

Is that possible ?
I have seen solutions that export a single table to an Excel file.

Opening the XML ( DataSet.getXML() ) in Excel is a little complicated for
our users. Besides , the XML mappings are on the same sheet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sachin

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

You could try looking at the Office Web Components

"Sachin Salgarkar" wrote:

> I have a DataSet that I need to export to Excel.
>
> The dataset has multiple tables. I need a way to export the complete dataset
> to a single Excel Workbook with sheets for each table in the dataset.
>
> Is that possible ?
> I have seen solutions that export a single table to an Excel file.
>
> Opening the XML ( DataSet.getXML() ) in Excel is a little complicated for
> our users. Besides , the XML mappings are on the same sheet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Sachin

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

Sorry i forgot the link

"Sachin Salgarkar" wrote:

> I have a DataSet that I need to export to Excel.
>
> The dataset has multiple tables. I need a way to export the complete dataset
> to a single Excel Workbook with sheets for each table in the dataset.
>
> Is that possible ?
> I have seen solutions that export a single table to an Excel file.
>
> Opening the XML ( DataSet.getXML() ) in Excel is a little complicated for
> our users. Besides , the XML mappings are on the same sheet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Sachin

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

For exporting in such an elaborate way you'll likely need a tool to help you
out, such as one of these:

http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx

You should also consider new VSTO:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...o/default.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Sachin Salgarkar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a DataSet that I need to export to Excel.
>
> The dataset has multiple tables. I need a way to export the complete
> dataset to a single Excel Workbook with sheets for each table in the
> dataset.
>
> Is that possible ?
> I have seen solutions that export a single table to an Excel file.
>
> Opening the XML ( DataSet.getXML() ) in Excel is a little complicated
> for our users. Besides , the XML mappings are on the same sheet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Sachin

ritzkandy ritzkandy is offline
Junior Member

Steve,
I have a similar requirement where in I have to generate a multi sheet excel workbook with the dataset results. Is there any way this can be achieved without using excel COM engine?

Thanks!