Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Limited or No Connectivity - HELP!!!

Limited or No Connectivity - HELP!!!

=?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect to mine.
I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon in the
systray.

I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
wireless router but still it displays that message.

The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my wireless
computer

Please Help

My router is a Linksys WRK54G if this is any help.

=?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect to
mine.
I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon in the
systray.

I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
wireless router but still it displays that message.

The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my wireless
computer

Please Help

My router is a Linksys WAG54GS if this is any help.

Marian Gutu

This is most likely a missconfigured firewall or a DHCP problem . Try to
allocate manually the IP/GW/DNS for the wireless network and tell us if that
fix the problem...

--
Marian Gutu

MCP, MCSAs, MCSEs
Be nice, society already sucks!
"Spudbum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect to
>mine.
> I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
> After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon in
> the
> systray.
>
> I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
> wireless router but still it displays that message.
>
> The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my
> wireless
> computer
>
> Please Help
>
> My router is a Linksys WRK54G if this is any help.

=?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

this hasn't fixed the problem - i have entered all the default gateway and
the dns server addresses and this hasn't worked a bit - sorry

"Marian Gutu" wrote:

> This is most likely a missconfigured firewall or a DHCP problem . Try to
> allocate manually the IP/GW/DNS for the wireless network and tell us if that
> fix the problem...
>
> --
> Marian Gutu
>
> MCP, MCSAs, MCSEs
> Be nice, society already sucks!
> "Spudbum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect to
> >mine.
> > I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
> > After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon in
> > the
> > systray.
> >
> > I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
> > wireless router but still it displays that message.
> >
> > The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my
> > wireless
> > computer
> >
> > Please Help
> >
> > My router is a Linksys WRK54G if this is any help.

Anton Pegan

Hi,

Are you using the third-party wireless software or Microsoft's? If you are
using third-party software, try removing it from your system. There are some
know conflicts between this kind of applications.

As Marian said, it is most likely a firewall or DHCP problem, so I would
suggest that you temporarily remove Norton and any other network security
tool or application. Try running the computer in safe mode with networking
(the wireless connection may not function in safe mode with networking, but
try it anyway . KB305616).

You can also try resetting winsock, for more details take a look at the
following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/

Take a look at the articles bellow, which describe common troubleshooting
steps for wireless connections:

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack
2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242/

Regards,

Anton Pegan

"Spudbum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> this hasn't fixed the problem - i have entered all the default gateway and
> the dns server addresses and this hasn't worked a bit - sorry
>
> "Marian Gutu" wrote:
>
>> This is most likely a missconfigured firewall or a DHCP problem . Try to
>> allocate manually the IP/GW/DNS for the wireless network and tell us if
>> that
>> fix the problem...
>>
>> --
>> Marian Gutu
>>
>> MCP, MCSAs, MCSEs
>> Be nice, society already sucks!
>> "Spudbum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect
>> >mine.
>> > I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
>> > After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon
>> > in
>> > the
>> > systray.
>> >
>> > I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
>> > wireless router but still it displays that message.
>> >
>> > The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my
>> > wireless
>> > computer
>> >
>> > Please Help
>> >
>> > My router is a Linksys WRK54G if this is any help.

=?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

hi,

i have a ibm thinkpad with windows and "thinkvantage connections"

when i try to repair the connection it fails to repair the ip address.

i am disabling nortons and running the connection wizard - but i am still
having major problems

i might have already said that my wireless router is a - WAG54GS

help would very much appriciated!!