Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Netgear TA612V

Netgear TA612V

david.holman@talk21.com

Hi
Has anyone managed to get a TA612V working with the netgear DG834.
So far cannot get it to function at all, netgear help desk and sipgate
are no help either.

The 612 is currently still locked to sipgate.

Thanks

Charles

I have the same problem. It is my understanding that the 612 is locked to
Sipgate and its only Netgear that can provide a patch to open it to other
service providers. Mine works fine but only through Sipgate, which works but
would have preferred the flexibility of using other service providers.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
> Has anyone managed to get a TA612V working with the netgear DG834.
> So far cannot get it to function at all, netgear help desk and sipgate
> are no help either.
>
> The 612 is currently still locked to sipgate.
>

> Thanks

Ivor Jones

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zEIAg.19479$(E-Mail Removed)
> I have the same problem. It is my understanding that the
> 612 is locked to Sipgate and its only Netgear that can
> provide a patch to open it to other service providers.
> Mine works fine but only through Sipgate, which works but
> would have preferred the flexibility of using other
> service providers.

You can unlock it from the Sipgate site here:

www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear

Click on "open firmware" on the right of the screen.

Ivor

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?