Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Ciscoworks LMS 2.1

Ciscoworks LMS 2.1

Markus

Hi,

I've been having some problems with slow performance using Resource Manager
Essentials 3.4. I am running 2.4 Ghz Pentium IV with 1 Gig of RAM on Windows
2000 professional.

I have never experienced an acceptable performance from this system using
RME.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to configure this system?

Frustrated!!

Thanks in advance,
Markus

Marcin

> Hi,
>
> I've been having some problems with slow performance using Resource
> Manager
> Essentials 3.4. I am running 2.4 Ghz Pentium IV with 1 Gig of RAM on
> Windows
> 2000 professional.
>
> I have never experienced an acceptable performance from this system using
> RME.
>
> Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to configure this system?
>
> Frustrated!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Markus

1. Sever requirements shown in the Cisco documentation are minimal.
2. Check swap file in the server (for 1GB RAM -> 2GB swap).
3. DON'T run browser from the server. For browsing use only client browser
station (min. PIII 300, 256MB). Java use a lot of resources (proc, ram).

Eddie

We are experiencing the same problems.
A fast client pc with at least 512 Mb memory will speed up some performance.

Check your resources on the client (CPU,MEM) when working with ciscoworks,
you will see that java will almost use them all..

gr,
Eddie

"Markus" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:cnap28$2kb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've been having some problems with slow performance using Resource
> Manager
> Essentials 3.4. I am running 2.4 Ghz Pentium IV with 1 Gig of RAM on
> Windows
> 2000 professional.
>
> I have never experienced an acceptable performance from this system using
> RME.
>
> Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to configure this system?
>
> Frustrated!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Markus

S. Gione

Markus;

"I feel your pain", and it's enlightening to find that a 2.4Ghz/1GB machine
is still not enough.

CiscoWorks was a big disappointment for us. Granted, we tried it on a
lesser machine than yours, but also on a Sun Sparc ... neither had anything
close to acceptable performance. Literally took minutes to load a page to
create/submit a job. We gave up on the product.

I consider this to be one of the few failures in the otherwise superior
Cisco product line.

Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 goku Cisco 2 12-03-2005 01:45 AM
CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 - SyslogD ? Martin Bilgrav Cisco 0 06-27-2005 09:10 PM
Help!!How to upgrade campus manager 3.1 in ciscoworks 2000 LMS to campus manager 3.3? zll9527 Cisco 1 02-26-2004 01:14 AM
ciscoworks lms vs snms Jim Chivas Cisco 4 12-11-2003 01:08 AM

Advertisments