Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server Error in '/MyApp' Application. - Security Exception

Server Error in '/MyApp' Application. - Security Exception

AnalogKid17@gmail.com

I'm getting this error when building and running an ASP solution that
lives on a network folder (part of the prod web server). I was NOT
getting this when working on the same *identical* solution on my local
machine.

allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required
permission please contact your system administrator or change the
application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
failed.

Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and
location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack
trace below (yeah right...)

Environment:
VS2005
Web Server: Win 2003 SE
running IIS 6.0 with all websites set to Framework 2.0

It seems to me like a permission issue. I tried to add
WEB_SERVER\ASPNET with full permissions to the wwwroot folder (on the
server itself) to no avail.

Please help!
Simon

dkorzaan@uark.edu