Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > WEP authentication, why WEP authentication scheme is flawed and how it can be attacked

WEP authentication, why WEP authentication scheme is flawed and how it can be attacked

Johnny

Can someone please explain to me:

WEP authentication?

Why WEP authentication scheme is flawed?

How it can be attacked?

Thank you,

Johnny.

FrisbeeŽ

"Johnny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CINzg.37219$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Can someone please explain to me:
>
> WEP authentication?
>
> Why WEP authentication scheme is flawed?
>
> How it can be attacked?

WITH A BANANA!

JaR

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:12:34 +0000, Johnny cast into the ether:

> Can someone please explain to me:
>
> WEP authentication?
>
> Why WEP authentication scheme is flawed?
>
> How it can be attacked?

Here's a primer:

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/0...to_crack_wep_/

> Thank you,

Yer welcome.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

JaR

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:24:16 -0400, FrisbeeŽ cast into the ether:

>> How it can be attacked?

> WITH A BANANA!

No, we covered that already.

Today is grapes! Red AND green!

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

BD [MCNGP]

<< While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:24:16 -0400, FrisbeeŽ cast into the ether:
>
>>> How it can be attacked?

>> WITH A BANANA!

> No, we covered that already.
>
> Today is grapes! Red AND green!

Shut up. Right now you, Mr Apricot.
--
BD
MCNGP #51

kpg

As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/0...to_crack_wep_/

Oh that's just great! Let's tell everybody how to crack WEP.

How am I suppossed to protect my p0rn stash now?

JaR

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:06:01 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

> Oh that's just great! Let's tell everybody how to crack WEP.
>
> How am I suppossed to protect my p0rn stash now?

I store mine on your computer. Have you never wondered what that 5 gig
encrypted folder called XXX is? Or why your connection gets _really_ slow
sometimes?

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

BD [MCNGP]

<< While I was at work, kpg spurted out:
> As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
>> http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/0...to_crack_wep_/

> Oh that's just great! Let's tell everybody how to crack WEP.
>
> How am I suppossed to protect my p0rn stash now?

What what what??? You're protecting what? Keeping what away from the rest of us?
--
BD
MCNGP #51

Cerebrus

JaR wrote:
> Here's a primer:
>
> http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/0...to_crack_wep_/

On the same page, a link to how the Feds do it :
<http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/03/31/the_feds_can_own_your_wlan_too/>

The Rev [MCT]

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wepcrack/

Because any little Linux script kitty wanna be and a simple Google search
will come up with not only explanations but as well little utilities like
this on that can be run from Knoppix so they can still game in Windows even
though......

**coughs in disbelief that he's about to say this**

--
..rev - mct.mcngp.44
..