Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > -RELAX in ncsim.

-RELAX in ncsim.

kk

what does -RELAX option do in ncvhdl. are the designs compiled with and
without the option set incompatible.

thanks in adv.

Ajeetha

Read NC's document on this. I wonder why youy didn't do that before
posting!

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com
www.systemverilog.us

kk wrote:
> what does -RELAX option do in ncvhdl. are the designs compiled with and
> without the option set incompatible.
>
> thanks in adv.

kk

Thanks for the *novel* suggestion. I posted this only because i didnt
had the access to NC's documents at that time and i couldn't find that
in the net too. Anyways i got the answer now.

Ajeetha wrote:
> Read NC's document on this. I wonder why youy didn't do that before
> posting!
>
> Regards
> Ajeetha, CVC
> www.noveldv.com
> www.systemverilog.us
>
> kk wrote:
> > what does -RELAX option do in ncvhdl. are the designs compiled with and
> > without the option set incompatible.
> >
> > thanks in adv.

Ajeetha

Hi KK,
Leaving sarcasticism aside, here is some rationale behind that
*novel* suggestion.

1. Many vendors support such "relax"/"extended LRM" implementation of
VHDL - guess b'cos of VHDL's rigidness. (No I'm not against any
specific language, just my guess on why these options exist: -relax in
NC, -xlrm in VCSMX etc.)

2. So what goes under "relax" is heavily customer (and vendor)
dependent and hence is expected to change across releases - I don't
work for an EDA vendor, hence can't get more specific than this.

3. Now you would have realized (after reading their manual) that this
-relax indeed has several relaxations - sometimes too many to be posted
here for easy digestion.

4. Lastly, google search for "ncvhdl -relax" did reveal NC's document
on web.

Anyway, I neither intend to sound arrogant, nor apologetic.

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com