Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Docs Fix

Python Docs Fix

Terry Reedy

A month ago, someone posted, under Python Docs Bugs, a complaint about the
difficulty of finding the library ref sub-subsection on string methods.
"That's because it is section 2.3.6.1, and the table of contents only goes
to 3 levels."

I followed up the me-to's with an SF bug-report suggesting that the
sub-sub-section somehow be lifted up a level so it would appear in the TOC.
www.python.org/sf/1514540

This weekend, in response, Andrew Kuchling moved the entire section on
builtin types to chapter status, which will lift everything in that section
up a level and make them more visible.

So thanks to Andrew for fixing this.

And a note that the volunteer Python developers sometimes do respond to
polite comments and suggestions, including those originating from c.l.p.
And also a note that while eventual posting to the tracker is necessary, I
think most items by non-experts are best discussed here first, as happened
with this one. It certainly did not hurt that I reported that I was one of
(at least) three agreeing with the OP.

Terry Jan Reedy