Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Bad envelope tag: definitions - Web Service Error

Bad envelope tag: definitions - Web Service Error

Lee

Hi,

I have an application that will open and parse a WSDL file, create and
build the stub code (using WSDL2Java api), and now I am trying to
invoke the web service methods. I have tried doing this using:

1. WSIF (using WSIFOperation.executeRequestResponseOperation)
2. Axis (using axis.call.client.invoke)
3. Just reflection (load the stubs and just use Axis for type mapping)

However, for all 3 of these methods I get:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions

However, if I create and build the stubs first, package them up and
include them in my application project, then the above methods work
fine.

Has anyone encountered this, or can anyone give me a hint?

Many thanks

Lee.