Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web application projects vs. Web site projects

Web application projects vs. Web site projects

mark.norgate@gmail.com

Hi

I recently wrote an application that, for some apparently inexplicable
reason, would not compile. After weeks of email to-ing and fro-ing from
Microsoft, I discovered that it was because I was using the older Web
application project model in VS2005, rather than the newer Web site
project model, and I hadn't installed the appropriate updates so that
VS2005 could use the new Web application project model.

Now, I am able to find lots of information on Web application projects,
but nothing about Web site projects. What are they? How do they work?
How does one go about organising one's project in this scenario so that
unresolved namespace issues, for example, do not occur?

Any help appreciated.

Mark