Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Printer sharing from Win2k (host) to XP

Printer sharing from Win2k (host) to XP

pauso493 pauso493 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I have a desktop with Win2k and a another desktop (connected over a wireless network) with XP. The Win2k computer has a Brother printer (HL-1240) attached to it. I'm trying to print files from my XP machine.

On my Wink2k machine, when I go to the 'Sharing' tab of the printer and go to 'Addtional Drivers..' under 'Drivers for different versions of Windows' the XP driver for the printer is not available. How do I install an XP driver, so that it works from my XP machine?

Also, am I on the right path!?!

Any help would be much appreciated!