Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Making Windows Explorer search right

Making Windows Explorer search right

Tina

I recall that I had to do something to make Windows Explorer search
correctly. For instance if you searched for files: *.vb and put in the work
RaiseEvent it doens't find anything. I had to make some change to make that
work. Now I have a new computer and forgot what I have to do.

Anyone know with it is?
Thanks,

If you are referring to searching for a word or phrase in a *.vb file, put

*.vb in the "All or part of the Filename" textbox, and the search term you
want to find in the
"A word or phrase in the file" textbox.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"Tina" wrote:

> I recall that I had to do something to make Windows Explorer search
> correctly. For instance if you searched for files: *.vb and put in the work
> RaiseEvent it doens't find anything. I had to make some change to make that
> work. Now I have a new computer and forgot what I have to do.
>
> Anyone know with it is?
> Thanks,

Tina

That does not work with Windows XP out of the box. There is some quirky
adjustment that must be made. I just can't remember what it is.

Works fine on my old XP box (where I made the quirky adjustment) but not on
my new one.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> If you are referring to searching for a word or phrase in a *.vb file, put
>
> *.vb in the "All or part of the Filename" textbox, and the search term you
> want to find in the
> "A word or phrase in the file" textbox.
> Peter

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:
> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
>

> "Tina" wrote:
>
>> I recall that I had to do something to make Windows Explorer search
>> correctly. For instance if you searched for files: *.vb and put in the
>> work
>> RaiseEvent it doens't find anything. I had to make some change to make
>> that
>> work. Now I have a new computer and forgot what I have to do.
>>
>> Anyone know with it is?
>> Thanks,

GaryDean

Tina,
This has been a problem in windows for a long time. Best solution is Method
2 at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;309173
--
Regards,
Gary Blakely
"Tina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recall that I had to do something to make Windows Explorer search
>correctly. For instance if you searched for files: *.vb and put in the
>work RaiseEvent it doens't find anything. I had to make some change to
>make that work. Now I have a new computer and forgot what I have to do.
>
> Anyone know with it is?
> Thanks,

Tina

Thanks so much. That's it. I wonder if Vista will have the same bug

news:(E-Mail Removed)...