Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > peer to peer network problem

peer to peer network problem

=?Utf-8?B?SGlsbGFiYWxvbw==?=

I have a desktop pc with dial up internet connection (no broadband here) and
laptop. I have installed a wirless card in PCI slot and laptop has built in
wireless.

I have created a home network (or thought I had). It is peer to peer at 54
Mbps. The IP address is 192.168.0.01 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on PC.
On laptop the Ip address is 192.168.0.25, the same subnet mask and the
default gateway is 192.168.0.1 Both computers tell me they have connected,
excellent signal strength but after less than a minute one or the other
disconnects and says no networks in range. Both machines are in same room.

It is an open network with WEP data encryption.

Doug Sherman [MVP]

Possible IEEE 802.1X authentication issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910387/en-us

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...