Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Secured/unsecured wireless network..

Secured/unsecured wireless network..

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

Can someone tell me how I would make my wireless network connection "security
enabled" like most others I see on the view available network list.

Mine always says "Unsecured Wireless network" underneath.

Thanks to any and all for answers

Malke

Jack wrote:

> Can someone tell me how I would make my wireless network connection
> "security enabled" like most others I see on the view available network
> list.
>
> Mine always says "Unsecured Wireless network" underneath.
>
> Thanks to any and all for answers

Tom's Hardware Wireless Security FAQs
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2006/0...ity/index.html

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me how I would make my wireless network connection
> "security
> enabled" like most others I see on the view available network list.
>
> Mine always says "Unsecured Wireless network" underneath.
>
> Thanks to any and all for answers

=?Utf-8?B?Z3V5bWFpbmU=?=

Is there an easy way to accomplish the original question? The site referred
to below is much too complicated for me. I just want "sedcurity-enabled
wireless network" listed next to my computer when someone clicks on View
Wireless Networks. Can you help with that?
--
Maine