Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wrong network connecting

wrong network connecting

roadhog007 roadhog007 is offline
Junior Member

I have the same problem as `lem`who posted 12.06.2005 quote "My computer (running XP SP2) keeps connecting automatically to the wrong
Wireless Network. I'm in an apartment complex, and my neighbor has an
unsecured network (say "Neighbor"), and I have a secured network (say "Home")."

i have zdwan running (icon at bottom ), as well as i presume windows zero configeration, and dont think or kow if i am usingxp service pack 2.

Every time i switch on i get a un-secured network, and am concerned about security. Please can you help me in resolving this problem so when i switch on i automatically connect to my belkin 54g router.

when i go into wireless network connections none of the networks are listed and i get a message basically telling me "windows cannot configure my wireless connection , i have enabledanother program to configure"

Thanks , one very frustrated computer novice.