Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tkinter questions

Tkinter questions

Kevin Walzer

What is the recommended/preferred widget in Tkinter in the following areas:

1. Multi-column list display. I'm aware of bindings for Tktable,
tablelist, and mclistbox, as well as Python-megawidgets that handle this.

2. Tree widgets. I'm aware of Gene Cash's tree widget, the IDLE tree
widget, as well as wrappers for BWidgets and tktreectrl.

Rather than wade through every one of these different widgets, I'd like
to get a sense of which ones are actually used in applications and why.
Thanks for any advice.

--
Kevin Walzer
Poetic Code