Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Bit field and ASP.NET

Bit field and ASP.NET

bmayer@mnepilepsy.net

There is a bit field in a sql server database. I am trying to pull a
single row of this bit field out.

I can get the database to tell the management console that yes the
field is indeed 1/0 or true/false. I am using a stored procedure for
that. I have also been able to get the VB.Net code to call this and
other stored procedures. That appears to be working OK.

I think that the problem comes in when I try to populate a gridview
using a SqlDataSource. What is returned is an empty string no matter
what the bit value is. The data only needs to go into a local Boolean
variable, but I am unsure about how to get the result of a stored
procedure directly into a Boolean.