Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IDS monitoring

IDS monitoring

d.h. barrick

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with setting up an IDS (4215, 4.0)
along with some report generating tool?

Not to get to heavy, but what I've been designated to do is come up
with a way using IEV to create readable reports (i.e. that bosses and
management can understand). Also, if someone has done this, how did
you go about determining you filters besides the obvious (I know I
don't have any UNIX systems where this IDS will be placed, so I can
exclude UNIX signatures in a filter).

If any of this sounds a bit hazy, I'm new to the IDS world. Thanks
for any help. I'll gladly accept reference to manuals, docs, etc.
Just don't know where to start.

I do have access to Cisco works and Openview, if that helps.

Why wireless does not re-enable after switching login ids? joeu2004@hotmail.com Wireless Networking 1 06-28-2005 03:24 AM
after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com Python 2 06-21-2005 12:41 PM
Integration of an IDS-workstation Eckhardt Newger Wireless Networking 1 01-24-2005 07:46 PM
PIX IDS Monitoring Mark Cisco 2 05-18-2004 07:24 PM
IDS-4235 sensor monitoring interface Deepu Cisco 1 07-15-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments