Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview Row Select

Gridview Row Select

=?Utf-8?B?SHV0dHk=?=

Hi,

I've searched the forum to answers for my particular issue, but haven't
quite found anything that could help.

I have a gridview with three columns. A B and C. When a row is selected I
want to display data from the database based on the intersection of column A
and row selected.
" Select * from table where answer = row3/column A value ".

I was able to get the nested gridview to work, but I only want the detail to
show when the row is clicked on.

Thanks
--
Hutty

Winista

See the articles on this link. There is article that described row click
event and displaying more data based on that click.

http://www.netomatix.com/datagridseries.aspx

"Hutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've searched the forum to answers for my particular issue, but haven't
> quite found anything that could help.
>
> I have a gridview with three columns. A B and C. When a row is selected I
> want to display data from the database based on the intersection of column
> and row selected.
> " Select * from table where answer = row3/column A value ".
>
> I was able to get the nested gridview to work, but I only want the detail
> show when the row is clicked on.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Hutty

=?Utf-8?B?SHV0dHk=?=

Didn't see what I was looking for. Language there pretty much written in c++.
I have been able to the get the row/column intersection using
"row.Cells(1).Text". Now I need to query the database using the returned text
and displaying in another gridview. Something like this:

Select * From TABLE A where group_name = row.Cells(1).Text

--
Hutty