Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hide HTML page before IE's done loading?

Hide HTML page before IE's done loading?

Lars Netzel

I have a pretty big page that on some sloconnections load about 50% of the
page and then before the page has finished loading the rest the user changes
a dropdownbox that causes a postback and then I of course if face with an
Invalid Viewstate problem.

How can I prevent the browser from shoign the page before it's fully loaded
on the client?

I'm sure I've heared abotu this before but I cannot find anything when
searching on it

best regards
/Lars

cannontrodder

Put the whole thing i a div, make it hidden and use a javascript onLoad
event handler unhide it. This might work with the body tag itself but
if you do it with a div, you could have one div that says "Please
wait..." and once the whole thing is loaded, switch that off and your
main div on.