Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > getting integer values from electronic weigh scale through serial port

getting integer values from electronic weigh scale through serial port

dotnet_smart dotnet_smart is offline
Junior Member

hello everybody,
i m working in vb.net, c#.net, i want to access serial port, and want to get values from electronic machine which is connected with computer,
I have electronic weigh scale and i want to get weight displaying in weigh scale, the value displaying in weigh scale is like integer, ex. 45613
now this value i want to set in my one textbox whenever user click on one button, the value from weigh scale come to my textbox.

CAN ANYONE HAVE IDEA ABOUT THIS, HOW TO DO??? I REALLY NEED IT VERY URGENTLY, CAN ANYONE SEND ME CODE FOR DOING THIS,
I M REQUESTING U ALL PLZ HELP ME ABOUT THIS, PLZ CO-OPERATE ME,
THANKS

alpha1 alpha1 is offline
Junior Member

Could you please discuss especifically what you did. Ive got an idea of what to do but i dont want to disregard you. thanks.

i might be able to give you the code in assembly or c. need to know more about the design.

Last edited by alpha1; 07-28-2006 at 08:16 PM..

dotnet_smart dotnet_smart is offline
Junior Member

tell me what information u want to know from my side, something like its baudrate etc.?
tell me clear so i will provide that all information u want, send me ur email.
thank you

kannan_be kannan_be is offline
Junior Member

i want to get weight displaying in weigh scale, please post it in c/c++ language

mbtryd mbtryd is offline
Junior Member

hello guys

i need to display weigh scale data on VB Text box.
Currently i am getting all characters. some help need make filter the unwanted characters. for example getting hyper terminal as WN00088KG really want only 88 in the VB text box. any one help me to solve this problem showing how to coding ? appreciated if some one help in this .thanks