Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Restricted access through VPN client

Restricted access through VPN client

BG

I want to give someone access to our terminal server, but only the ts and
only through rdp. Since he has no public IP-address, I made a new Cisco VPN
profile with a DHCP-scope with only one address (192.168.65.191).

Then I started struggling. I thought I could use that address as a host in
my inbound access-list and only let rdp in. But it does not work. Am I
missing something vital here? I'm sure this must be a common issue, are
there any config samples out there?

BG

Johnny Routin

In your acl, you'll need to permit the tunnel traffic as well as the traffic
that traverses the tunnel.

--
JR
--

-

"BG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AOnid.5184$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to give someone access to our terminal server, but only the ts and
> only through rdp. Since he has no public IP-address, I made a new Cisco

VPN
> profile with a DHCP-scope with only one address (192.168.65.191).
>
> Then I started struggling. I thought I could use that address as a host in
> my inbound access-list and only let rdp in. But it does not work. Am I
> missing something vital here? I'm sure this must be a common issue, are
> there any config samples out there?
>

> BG

BG

?????

I can connect, but I can also connect to other servers and with other
applications than rdp.....

BG

"Johnny Routin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In your acl, you'll need to permit the tunnel traffic as well as the
> traffic
> that traverses the tunnel.
>

> --
> JR
> --
> Johnny Routin
>
> -
>

> "BG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AOnid.5184$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I want to give someone access to our terminal server, but only the ts and
>> only through rdp. Since he has no public IP-address, I made a new Cisco

> VPN
>> profile with a DHCP-scope with only one address (192.168.65.191).
>>
>> Then I started struggling. I thought I could use that address as a host
>> in
>> my inbound access-list and only let rdp in. But it does not work. Am I
>> missing something vital here? I'm sure this must be a common issue, are
>> there any config samples out there?
>>

>> BG

Jyri Korhonen

"BG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> In your acl, you'll need to permit the tunnel traffic as
>> well as the traffic that traverses the tunnel.

> ?????
>
> I can connect, but I can also connect to other servers and
> with other applications than rdp.....

Maybe you have

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

in your configuration.