Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Start external application on server side

Start external application on server side

tomi

Hi

I have an application running on server which sometimes crashes. I need
to start it when i find it's not runnnig. I've tried following:

Process myProcess = new Process();

// Get the path that stores user documents.
myProcess.EnableRaisingEvents = false;
myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = @"c:\Projects\encoder.exe";
myProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
myProcess.Start();

It's a console application with no GUI and all it does it encodes some
video files.

BUT it does not seem to work because immediatelly after application
starts it fails on error message: Unable to read memory on address ....

Any idea ? ... Ii'm getting desperate

Tx

Tomi

John Timney \(MVP\)

I guess you should be determining if it crashes when you run it, as opposed
to running it under whatever web account you are using. That at least would
narrow it down to confilcits with windows (like trying to report progress)
or permissions.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...