Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cant lock on to wireless router with laptop!!!

Cant lock on to wireless router with laptop!!!

simbob

Guys I cant seem to lock onto my wireless router with one laptop even
though it works just fine on the one I'm writing this on???

The laptop can see the router (full strength) but just sits on
"Automatic"! When i double click to connect it says "Waiting for the
Network......" then just goes back to "Automatic"..????
Sometimes it even connects very briefly!!!???

I'm at a loss! Funny thing is the same laptop has been able to connect
to it b4 but i had to reset the router this morning... HELP!!!

Sim

BobC

On 27 Jul 2006 11:53:54 -0700, simbob wrote:

> Guys I cant seem to lock onto my wireless router with one laptop even
> though it works just fine on the one I'm writing this on???
>
> The laptop can see the router (full strength) but just sits on
> "Automatic"! When i double click to connect it says "Waiting for the
> Network......" then just goes back to "Automatic"..????
> Sometimes it even connects very briefly!!!???
>
> I'm at a loss! Funny thing is the same laptop has been able to connect
> to it b4 but i had to reset the router this morning... HELP!!!
>
> Sim

If you reset the router you wiped out your wep/wpa and ssid. You need to
ensure these are set correctly in the router and all wirelessly connected
computers.

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help.