Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I can see a unsecured wireless signal but can't connect

I can see a unsecured wireless signal but can't connect

=?Utf-8?B?TmluYQ==?=

Hi,

I have a following problem:

I can see my home wireless network in the Available Networks window, but my
computer won't connect to it. It will connect to any other network, just not
my own. This started occuring after I got it from repair (I had WLAN card
changed).

Please advise,

Nina

Diamontina Cocktail

"Nina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a following problem:
>
> I can see my home wireless network in the Available Networks window, but
> my
> computer won't connect to it. It will connect to any other network, just
> not
> my own. This started occuring after I got it from repair (I had WLAN card
> changed).
>
> Please advise,
>
> Nina

Do you mean you have other networks nearby? If you do, put in a password for
those networks that you do NOT want to connect to, so that your computer
just WONT connect to it.

Also, check that your wi-fi NIC isn't set up just to connect to ad-hoc
networks. If it is, it wont connect to your router.