Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Favicons in Bookmarks Menu

Favicons in Bookmarks Menu

sidlawson@gmail.com

How can I get a site's favicon to appear to the left of the site's name
in the bookmarks menu in Firefox (1.5x)? In Safari this happens
automatically, and makes it easy to find the bookmark I'm looking for.
Can this be done in Firefox?

Sid

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

> How can I get a site's favicon to appear to the left of the site's name
> in the bookmarks menu in Firefox (1.5x)? In Safari this happens
> automatically, and makes it easy to find the bookmark I'm looking for.
> Can this be done in Firefox?
>
> Sid

You mean like they do in Bookmarks-->Manage Bookmarks?

sidlawson@gmail.com

Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > How can I get a site's favicon to appear to the left of the site's name
> > in the bookmarks menu in Firefox (1.5x)? In Safari this happens
> > automatically, and makes it easy to find the bookmark I'm looking for.
> > Can this be done in Firefox?
> >
> > Sid
> >

> You mean like they do in Bookmarks-->Manage Bookmarks?

Yes. Why do they show up THERE, but not when using the Bookmarks menu?

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> How can I get a site's favicon to appear to the left of the site's name
>>> in the bookmarks menu in Firefox (1.5x)? In Safari this happens
>>> automatically, and makes it easy to find the bookmark I'm looking for.
>>> Can this be done in Firefox?
>>>
>>> Sid
>>>

>> You mean like they do in Bookmarks-->Manage Bookmarks?

> Yes. Why do they show up THERE, but not when using the Bookmarks menu?

Thats the way the program works currently. Favicons show up in Bookmark
Manager and when you go to the url, they dont show up in the Bookmark
menu itself

sidlawson@gmail.com

Alas...thanks for the info.

Regards,
Sid

Firefox: Changing favicons in Bookmarks Toolbar dino Firefox 2 01-06-2007 11:46 AM
What is the story with FavIcons icons. pyotr filipivich Firefox 3 10-02-2004 03:51 PM
firefox 1.0 and favicons mccall Firefox 0 09-18-2004 12:35 PM
Cache and Favicons gaspin Firefox 1 07-04-2004 05:56 PM
Why do favicons disappear after a few weeks? hectorcorrector Firefox 3 01-24-2004 05:53 AM

Advertisments