Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > firefox doesn't show a formular

firefox doesn't show a formular

lukas.zierer@gmail.com

hi there!

i've got a little problem with mozilla firefox. open
http://www.biancoblu.ch/index.php5?id=contact once in internet explorer
and once in firefox. you'll see, the formular won't be shown in
firefox. when you have a look at the pages source code, it looks like a
normal one.

it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
want because what i want is a working contact formular.

at the end of this message you'll find a snippet of the page's source
code.

thank you for helping me
lukas

height="100%">
<form action="./index.php5" method="POST">

<input type="hidden" name="id" value="contact">
name: <input class="textfield" type="text" name="name" value=""><br>
e-mail: <input class="textfield" type="text" name="email"
value=""><br>
<input class="button" type="submit" name="sendmail" value="senden">
</form> </p>

Dylan Parry

> it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
> want because what i want is a working contact formular.

The problem is probably caused by the fact you have your <form> element
within a <p> element. This isn't allowed, so the browser is probably
ignoring it or getting confused about what it should do. I suggest that
you validate your code if you are having problems.

--
Dylan Parry - http://electricfreedom.org

Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

rf

Dylan Parry wrote:

> Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
> against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

One can stop banging one's head against a wall.

Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

Cheers
Richard.

Dylan Parry

rf wrote:
> Dylan Parry wrote:
>
>> Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
>> against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

> One can stop banging one's head against a wall.

Well... once you get into the rhythm

> Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

One /can/ always stop, but then one will forget what the code was
supposed to do, as inevitably one will choose to stop shortly before a
liberal sprinkling of helpful comments occurred

--

Dylan Parry wrote:
> rf wrote:

>> Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

> One /can/ always stop, but then one will forget what the code was
> supposed to do, as inevitably one will choose to stop shortly before a
> liberal sprinkling of helpful comments occurred

Comments? Bah Humbug.

The code was bloody difficult to write! It should be bloody difficult to
debug.

Cheers
Richard.

Dylan Parry

rf wrote:

[Comments]
> The code was bloody difficult to write! It should be bloody difficult to
> debug.

I take a slightly different approach here. I write my comments in code,
so that although the code was /bloody/ difficult to write, it's easy for
*me* to debug, but the rest of society can bugger off

--
Dylan Parry - http://webpageworkshop.co.uk

Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi there!
>
> i've got a little problem with mozilla firefox. open
> http://www.biancoblu.ch/index.php5?id=contact once in internet explorer
> and once in firefox. you'll see, the formular won't be shown in
> firefox. when you have a look at the pages source code, it looks like a
> normal one.
>
> it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
> want because what i want is a working contact formular.
>
> at the end of this message you'll find a snippet of the page's source
> code.
>
> thank you for helping me

Aside that you should lose the table and the deprecated markup you have
your P element in the wrong place it should go *after* the opening FORM
tag like:

<form ... >
<input ... >
</form>

NOT:

<form ... >
<input ... >
</form>

Make that change and your email form will 'appear'

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

jojo

Dylan Parry schrieb:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
>> want because what i want is a working contact formular.

> The problem is probably caused by the fact you have your <form> element
> within a <p> element. This isn't allowed, so the browser is probably
> ignoring it or getting confused about what it should do. I suggest that
> you validate your code if you are having problems.

Yes. Validate first and see what cruel mistakes you made. But before
validating add a doctype, the validator loves to find one...

A few comments: tables are for viewing tabular data - so don't use it
for layout.
Try not to mix up CSS and layout information in HTML. Leave out all you
height, width, ... attributes and replace them by CSS.

BTW: German "Formular" is not "formular" in English ("formula" would be
"Formel" in German) but just "form".

jojo

BTW, the "you" in my last post is the OP, not Dylan. (Just that nobody
misunderstands that again...)

Alan J. Flavell

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Dylan Parry wrote:

> I take a slightly different approach here. I write my comments in code,

Welsh? SCNR.