Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > exchange routes between global IP routing table and VRF routing table

exchange routes between global IP routing table and VRF routing table

zher

I understand that we can inject the global routes into the VRF routing
table using ip route vrf vrf_name x.x.x.x y.y.y.y next_hop global
command, and vice versa, however, my question is, is there any way to
do it dynamicly (like using dynamic routing protocol)? Since
currently, my customer VRF has a lot of public segment, e.g.
A.x.x.x/8, B.y.y.y/8. They need to access Internet over MPLS VPN link,
but I don't want to take care of every segment manually (using the
static routes with global switch commands).

If there is any way to do it dynamicly, please drop me a line, I
appreciate any input and help.

zher

Ben

Need a few more details on this...

How does the CE and PE talk? Are you using a dynamic routing protocol or
static?
Does the customer have multiple connections to you or a single one?
Are you multihomed to the internet? (I assume yes to this one)
Is the customer also multihomed to more than one service provider?

"zher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I understand that we can inject the global routes into the VRF routing
> table using ip route vrf vrf_name x.x.x.x y.y.y.y next_hop global
> command, and vice versa, however, my question is, is there any way to
> do it dynamicly (like using dynamic routing protocol)? Since
> currently, my customer VRF has a lot of public segment, e.g.
> A.x.x.x/8, B.y.y.y/8. They need to access Internet over MPLS VPN link,
> but I don't want to take care of every segment manually (using the
> static routes with global switch commands).
>
> If there is any way to do it dynamicly, please drop me a line, I
> appreciate any input and help.
>
> zher

zher

CE and PE are connected by a POS link over EBGP. Let's take the
simplest scenario here, just say, CE is connected only to my PE over
one single link.

My question is, on my PE, how can I inject the customer network
segments into my global routing table dynamicly from the VRF routing
table instead of static routing scheme. It's fine to inject the
default gateway to the customer VRF from my global routing table, I am
talking about the reverse direction. Since customer may have multiple
public segments which are not continious, that means they are not able
to be summarized, so I have to deal with each of them manually if I
use static routing scheme.

Thank you.

zher

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<41897124$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Need a few more details on this...
>
> How does the CE and PE talk? Are you using a dynamic routing protocol or
> static?
> Does the customer have multiple connections to you or a single one?
> Are you multihomed to the internet? (I assume yes to this one)
> Is the customer also multihomed to more than one service provider?
>

> "zher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I understand that we can inject the global routes into the VRF routing
> > table using ip route vrf vrf_name x.x.x.x y.y.y.y next_hop global
> > command, and vice versa, however, my question is, is there any way to
> > do it dynamicly (like using dynamic routing protocol)? Since
> > currently, my customer VRF has a lot of public segment, e.g.
> > A.x.x.x/8, B.y.y.y/8. They need to access Internet over MPLS VPN link,
> > but I don't want to take care of every segment manually (using the
> > static routes with global switch commands).
> >
> > If there is any way to do it dynamicly, please drop me a line, I
> > appreciate any input and help.
> >
> > zher

gre tunnel in global routing table, getting vrf tunnels through it colin Cisco 5 08-04-2009 02:25 PM
VRF and VRf-lite. AM Cisco 3 02-15-2009 12:52 PM
VRF GRE Tunnel over another VRF network ngurjar Software 0 10-11-2008 04:15 AM
VRF aware IPSEC with vrf-lite boozer_2 Cisco 0 08-20-2007 07:08 PM
Multi-vrf to Multi-vrf keithb Cisco 1 05-10-2004 04:32 PM

Advertisments