Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > 74xx series TTL library avaliable?

Reply
Thread Tools

74xx series TTL library avaliable?

 
 
ajcrm125
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006
Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
would be very beneficial.

Thanks for any info,
-Adam

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
General Schvantzkoph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:

> Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
> designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
> would be very beneficial.
>
> Thanks for any info,
> -Adam



You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ajcrm125
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006
Yeah but that requires work. Anyways I figured by now there must
be a lib out there somewhere.

-Adam
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
>
> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
> > would be very beneficial.
> >
> > Thanks for any info,
> > -Adam

>
>
> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.


 
Reply With Quote
 
General Schvantzkoph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:30 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:

> Yeah but that requires work. Anyways I figured by now there must
> be a lib out there somewhere.
>
> -Adam
> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
>> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
>> > would be very beneficial.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info,
>> > -Adam

>>
>>
>> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
>> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
>> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.


At one time 7400 TTL libraries were common but that was a long time ago.
The amount of work involved is really trivial, the 7400 series components
can each be described in a few lines of Verilog.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2006
Free Model Foundry has a 74/54xx model library that has full timing,
etc.

http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/

Andy

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:30 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
>
> > Yeah but that requires work. Anyways I figured by now there must
> > be a lib out there somewhere.
> >
> > -Adam
> > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> >> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
> >>
> >> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
> >> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
> >> > would be very beneficial.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks for any info,
> >> > -Adam
> >>
> >>
> >> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
> >> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
> >> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.

>
> At one time 7400 TTL libraries were common but that was a long time ago.
> The amount of work involved is really trivial, the 7400 series components
> can each be described in a few lines of Verilog.


 
Reply With Quote
 
gabor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2006
I could only find VHDL models on the FMF site for 74xx parts. Good
enough for mixed-language simulation, but if the O.P. wanted Verilog
models he may find some translation work necessary...

Andy wrote:
> Free Model Foundry has a 74/54xx model library that has full timing,
> etc.
>
> http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/
>
> Andy
>
> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:30 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah but that requires work. Anyways I figured by now there must
> > > be a lib out there somewhere.
> > >
> > > -Adam
> > > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> > >> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
> > >>
> > >> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
> > >> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
> > >> > would be very beneficial.
> > >> >
> > >> > Thanks for any info,
> > >> > -Adam
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
> > >> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
> > >> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.

> >
> > At one time 7400 TTL libraries were common but that was a long time ago.
> > The amount of work involved is really trivial, the 7400 series components
> > can each be described in a few lines of Verilog.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2006
I assumed that if the OP posted this in comp.lang.vhdl, which he did,
then vhdl models were acceptable.

I'd hate to try to translate a VITAL vhdl model into verilog!

Andy


gabor wrote:
> I could only find VHDL models on the FMF site for 74xx parts. Good
> enough for mixed-language simulation, but if the O.P. wanted Verilog
> models he may find some translation work necessary...
>
> Andy wrote:
> > Free Model Foundry has a 74/54xx model library that has full timing,
> > etc.
> >
> > http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> > > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:30 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
> > >
> > > > Yeah but that requires work. Anyways I figured by now there must
> > > > be a lib out there somewhere.
> > > >
> > > > -Adam
> > > > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> > > >> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:08:09 -0700, ajcrm125 wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >> > Is there a lib like this out there? I want to simulate some older
> > > >> > designs to get my head around certian functions, and a lib like this
> > > >> > would be very beneficial.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Thanks for any info,
> > > >> > -Adam
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> You could probably write a library in an hour or two. You won't need to do
> > > >> the whole TTL data book, chances are you'll only need a handful of models.
> > > >> You'll need to find a copy of the TTL databook somewhere.
> > >
> > > At one time 7400 TTL libraries were common but that was a long time ago.
> > > The amount of work involved is really trivial, the 7400 series components
> > > can each be described in a few lines of Verilog.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TTL Vs P-TTL (and everything about Flash) RiceHigh Digital Photography 1 09-12-2006 12:18 PM
i-TTL vs D-TTL ( 2nd post) antonius Digital Photography 1 02-07-2004 06:00 PM
Nikon i-TTL / D-TTL antonius Digital Photography 2 02-05-2004 11:34 PM
Olympus E-10 TTL vs Canon E-TTL Patrick L. Digital Photography 3 08-22-2003 05:46 PM
Does SC-12 TTL Flash cable - for Nikon F3, provide full TTL flash capability with newer Nikon units like SB-80 ? H. Brinkman Digital Photography 0 08-09-2003 10:15 AM



Advertisments