Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > more menu problems - again

more menu problems - again

Jeff

hey

asp.net 2.0

I'm creating a web portal using master pages and sitemaps!

My web portal consist of 2 menus (a header menu which goes horizontally
across the top of the page. And a sidebar menu to the left. The menuitmes
shown in the sidebar menu is dependent on what menuitem is selected in the
main menu.)

In one of the webpages a repeater control displays a list of data. Each item
in the repeater control has a link to another page displaying more info
about the item (item in repeater control). My problem is that when showing
this page with detailed info the sidebar menu don't show any menuitems. I
want it to display "ItemA", "ItemB" etc (part of my sitemap is listed
below).

Yes, the parent node of "ItemA", "ItemB" (I refer to my sitemap below) is
empty, it's because I don't want it to be displayed in the main menu...
maybe it should have a value so the .sitemap knows what child menuitems to
display??

This is the code that adds the links to the items in the repeater control:
link =
(System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor)e.Item.Find Control("LinkToProfile");
link.HRef = "~/Member.aspx?uid=" + subscriber.UserName;

Maybe I could solve this problem by substituting the HREF of the link
(System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, see my code above), with a call to a
method. Then this method could do a Server.Transfer! But I don't know how to
call a method from a link...

Maybe there are better solutions to this problem?

<siteMapNode url="~/Network.aspx" title="Network" description="" >
<siteMapNode url="~/Search.aspx" title="Search" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="Invite" description="" />
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" >
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemA" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemB" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemC" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemD" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemE" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemF" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="ItemG" description="" />
</siteMapNode>

Any suggestions?

Jeff

Jeff

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Again??? AGAIN???? NYC XYZ Firefox 4 04-23-2006 12:23 PM
HttpSession gets generated again and again!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! che Java 2 10-10-2005 10:20 PM
jserve booting again and again amit Java 0 10-02-2003 04:26 PM

Advertisments