Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > difference between packets and frame in contest of networking

difference between packets and frame in contest of networking

rohit srivastava

plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
am student mca india

Arnold Nipper

On 01.11.2004 16:52 rohit srivastava wrote

> plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
> am student mca india

the term "packet" is used for the protocol data unit on layer 3
the term "frame" is used for the protocol data unit on layer 2

aRNOLD
--
Arnold Nipper, AN45

g.t. knopf

Hello,

.... difference between packets and frame in contest of networking
> plz sent this to me as earlier as possiple i am little bit confused i
> am student mca india

Are you looking for a comparison of "cell switching" and "frame switching"?

- greg knopf