Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > about spyware

about spyware

downtoearth downtoearth is offline
Junior Member
Location: istanbul

I downloaded WinAntiSpyware 2006 and it found something in programfiles/need2find/bar/history (severe>). What it means? What if i delete this folder? Someone help me please. Thank you.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I don't know anything about WinAntiSpyware 2006, but there are bogus programs out there that pretend to be anti-spyware programs that are really spyware themselves. They contain "pre-fabricated spyware files" that they conveniently find during a search, and thus they justify their existance to the new user. I would try downloading Avast! anti-virus (it's free for home use), running that, and see if it finds the same thing. I would also run SpyBot Search & Destroy (also free) to see if it finds the same thing.

Just looking at your warning message above makes me think it is bogus.