Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyOpenGL tom demo segmentation fault

pyOpenGL tom demo segmentation fault

matthew

Hi,

I have Python 2-4-2,
Numpy 24.2, and PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.

The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
/usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4. These are exactly the same
timestamp and size.

The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
OK.

I would be most grateful for any help ...

Thanks

Matt

Steve Holden

matthew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Python 2-4-2,
> Numpy 24.2, and PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.
>
> The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
> /usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4. These are exactly the same
> timestamp and size.

That's probably because they are both links to the same file. The
UNIX/Linux filesystem uses directory entries (links) to point to data
files, and so these two are almost certainly referencing the same data.

> The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
> crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
> OK.

If you don't get a traceback or any other diagnostic output it's rather
difficult to deduce what's causing the problem unless this is a known
bug. It does appear there may be problems with both numpy and opengl.

> I would be most grateful for any help ...

Others may be more assistance with the seg fault.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119