Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > CDO Mail sending error

CDO Mail sending error

=?Utf-8?B?SWJyYWhpbS4=?=

Hello,

Im getting the following error when mail is sent from ASP.NET 2.0 website.
CDO.Messaging componenet is used for sending mail.

"
The message was not able to be transmitted to the SMTP server. The
forwarding error code is 0x800ccc67. The response from the server is as
follows. 421 [XMail 0.70 (Win32/Ix86) SMTP Server] service not available,
closing transmission channel
"

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ibrahim.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> forwarding error code is 0x800ccc67. The response from the server is as
> follows. 421 [XMail 0.70 (Win32/Ix86) SMTP Server] service not available,

That means that the SMTP server is not available.
Check to see if it's running and if the port is available.

Why are you using system.web.mail, instead of the 2.0-native system.net.mail ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espa˝ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
===================================
"Ibrahim." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello,
>
> Im getting the following error when mail is sent from ASP.NET 2.0 website.
> CDO.Messaging componenet is used for sending mail.
>
> "
> The message was not able to be transmitted to the SMTP server. The
> forwarding error code is 0x800ccc67. The response from the server is as
> follows. 421 [XMail 0.70 (Win32/Ix86) SMTP Server] service not available,
> closing transmission channel
> "
>
> Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ibrahim.

=?Utf-8?B?SWJyYWhpbS4=?=

Hi,

Thanks for prompt response.

The scenario is that the mail server is working fine, because it is used for
outlook express / outlook mail clients also. In these clients the mail is
firing.

But when I use these mail server in CDO.messaging function, i get the error.

It was working earlier, but suddently started giving the error.

any inputs will be welcome.

Thanks,

Ibrahim

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> re:
> > forwarding error code is 0x800ccc67. The response from the server is as
> > follows. 421 [XMail 0.70 (Win32/Ix86) SMTP Server] service not available,

> That means that the SMTP server is not available.
> Check to see if it's running and if the port is available.
>
> Why are you using system.web.mail, instead of the 2.0-native system.net.mail ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espa├▒ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ===================================
> "Ibrahim." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Im getting the following error when mail is sent from ASP.NET 2.0 website.
> > CDO.Messaging componenet is used for sending mail.
> >
> > "
> > The message was not able to be transmitted to the SMTP server. The
> > forwarding error code is 0x800ccc67. The response from the server is as
> > follows. 421 [XMail 0.70 (Win32/Ix86) SMTP Server] service not available,
> > closing transmission channel
> > "
> >
> > Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ibrahim.

sloan

I have a 2.0 downloadable code example at
spaces.msn.com/sholliday/

I have the 3 methods of authentication in the example as well.

You should post the servername/ip of the smtp machine youre trying to use
also.