Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Freeware xml/xslfo to pdf

Freeware xml/xslfo to pdf

RickH

Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
following?:

1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
2) Do a transform
3) Then output a pdf file

For Windows platform. Seems simple enough, I need to test a bunch of
XSL/FO report stylesheets against different XML data test cases and
wanted a small utility to get through them all.

thanks for any suggestions on this
Rick

Joe Kesselman

RickH wrote:
> Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
> following?:
>
> 1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
> 2) Do a transform
> 3) Then output a pdf file

Normally, what you do is input an XML and an XSLT style sheet (that
produces XSL-FO output) into an XSLT processor, then input the XSL-FO
into an FO processor for rendering.

Apache's solutions for this are the Xalan and FOP tools respectively --
free, open source, active user/support communities.

SL

"RickH" a écrit :
> Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
> following?:
>
> 1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
> 2) Do a transform
> 3) Then output a pdf file
>
> For Windows platform. Seems simple enough, I need to test a bunch of
> XSL/FO report stylesheets against different XML data test cases and
> wanted a small utility to get through them all.

<http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/> ?

jon001 jon001 is offline
Junior Member

here you have a free windows installer that contains Apache FOP. You can test XSLFO files very easily in your web browser:

www.java4less.com/apache/fop.php

.

PDF to DOC freeware?? Zippo Computer Support 2 01-11-2008 04:18 PM
html 2 pdf freeware sachin XML 4 12-19-2005 11:47 AM
How to create .PDF (Poscript File) without any software ... freeware etc .... Robert Computer Support 5 11-03-2003 08:47 AM

Advertisments