Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Upgraded to MCSE??

Upgraded to MCSE??

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpa2EgSGFybXMgenVtIFNwcmVja2VsIChNU0ZUKQ==?=

Oh, Frisbee®, Frisbee®, Frisbee®... Wouldn't you like to know (answers to 1
and 2 and the implied 3).
--
Trika, (girl? boy?) Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Frisbee®" wrote:

> "Trika Harms zum Spreckel (MSFT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, from the Microsoft perspective: just wanted to say that we struggled
> > with
> > that decision, but decided it was our best route for a few reasons. 1--the
> > missing exam from the 7 was an elective--not one of the core requirements.
> > by
> > no means does that make is OK to complete only 6 of 7 exams to earn a
> > credential--but it was a factor in our decision. 2. The db bug happened
> > over
> > a weekend and when we got our act together many customers had received
> > notice
> > or checked in with the service centers and we didn't feel like a blanket
> > removal of the cert from their transcript was the right way to handle it
> > at
> > that point. 3. The year 'grace period' and voucher should help those
> > customers who were on track to complete their cert and who are almost
> > there;
> > those that don't complete the track will have it removed from their
> > transcript, per the e-mail we sent out so the programmers will have some
> > work
> > to do, anyway. In any case, cold comfort if you're not happy with our
> > decisions--but I wanted you to know that we did try to make the best
> > decision
> > in a crappy situation (of our own making, of course...).
> > --
> > Trika, Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is provided "AS
> > IS"
> > with no warranties, and confers no rights.

> I just have two questions:
>
> 1) Will you hire me to fix this problem? (You mentioned programmers)
> 2) R U Hawt? (If Trika is not a girl's name, nevermind)

Frisbee

"Trika Harms zum Spreckel (MSFT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh, Frisbee, Frisbee, Frisbee... Wouldn't you like to know (answers to
> 1
> and 2 and the implied 3).
> --
> Trika, (girl? boy?) Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is
> provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

YOU TEASER YOU!

Frisbee

"Frisbee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Trika Harms zum Spreckel (MSFT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh, Frisbee, Frisbee, Frisbee... Wouldn't you like to know (answers to
>> 1
>> and 2 and the implied 3).
>> --
>> Trika, (girl? boy?) Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is
>> provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

> YOU TEASER YOU!

P.S. What did zum Spreckel do to you that you feel compelled to harm
him/her/it?

I'll bet zum Spreckel is a DUMPER!

Either that or a masochist.

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpa2EgSGFybXMgenVtIFNwcmVja2VsIChNU0ZUKQ==?=

Hi, the RSC was right -- unfortunately there was a recent bug that awarded
MCSE 2000 to some customers who were just one exam short of their 7-exam
track. Customers who were affected SHOULD have received an e-mail about it
last week... but with spam blocks and changing e-mail addresses I'm sure some
fell through the cracks. I recommend you call the RSC
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/default.asp) to see if your name
is on the list of affected customers, as it sounds very much like that is
what happened to you. Here is the e-mail notice about how we hope to resolve
the issue... We're sorry for the hassle. Hope this info helps.
-----------
MCSE on Windows 2000 Server Credential: Correction
Dear customer,

As you may be aware, Microsoft erroneously awarded you the MCSE on Windows
2000 Server credential, even though you have not passed all of the required
exams. This error was caused by a problem in our certification database,
which momentarily "double counted" one of your exams as both a required exam
and an elective exam.

In resolving this issue, Microsoft Learning is committed to two things:
1. Upholding the industry-recognized value of the MCSE credential.
2. Limiting any further inconvenience to you, a customer who has shown
great commitment to date in passing six of seven required exams for this
credential.

Therefore we will not withdraw the certification and materials you have been
awarded, but we ask that you pass your remaining elective exam within one
year to fully complete the MCSE on Windows 2000 Server track. To help you
with that, we'd like to offer you a free exam voucher for your remaining
exam.

If you do not complete the full track prior to June 30, 2007, we will
correct your transcript by removing the credential. We trust that you will
respect this step as a necessary measure in upholding the high standards of
the Microsoft Certification community--certified professionals and employers
alike.

This notice supersedes any previous communication from your Regional Service
Center (RSC) about this issue. Please contact your RSC at your earliest
convenience to receive your free exam voucher and get answers to your
questions.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion caused by our error,
and thank you for respecting our efforts to maintain the value of your hard
work and the good name of Microsoft Certification.

Regards,
Microsoft Learning

--

"Lemon" wrote:

> Hi, Mysteriously I have been upgraded to MCSE 2000, I became MCSA 2000 in
> 2002 and without going anywhere near a test centre I received a
> congratualtions email and looking at my transcript I have now been been
> awarded MCSE 2000.
>
> MS reginal support centre just said oh its a bug!!!!! well i want to upgrade
> to 2003 now and I do not want to make an incorrect choice on exams based on
> the wrong cert being displayed on my transcript (my cert planner says I am
> MCSE too)
>
> Has anyone esle had this, have they resolved it and how?
>
> Thx in advance
> --
> MCSA

Cerebrus

Glad to see you MSFT guys / gals pitching in once in a while, with
useful inputs. Your appearance had become a rarity, off late.

Cerebrus.
MCNGP #LIV (LIVe up to mommy's standards !)