Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > T'bird Error Message !!!!!!!!!!

T'bird Error Message !!!!!!!!!!

KDG

This is what I saw this morning when trying to get my email from Tbird
v 1.0:

"Unable to write email to the mail box. Make sure the file system
allows you write privelages & you have enough disk space to copy the
mail box."

WTF!!!!!!!!!

First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!

Thanks for help!

gwtc

KDG wrote:
> This is what I saw this morning when trying to get my email from Tbird
> v 1.0:
>
> "Unable to write email to the mail box. Make sure the file system
> allows you write privelages & you have enough disk space to copy the
> mail box."
>
> WTF!!!!!!!!!
>
> First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!
>
> Thanks for help!

The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
your problems

Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files that
end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does this work?

To find your TB profile, you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear
until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

KDG

I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
avail.
Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

KDG wrote:
> I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
> avail.
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:16:56 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> KDG wrote:
>>> This is what I saw this morning when trying to get my email from Tbird
>>> v 1.0:
>>>
>>> "Unable to write email to the mail box. Make sure the file system
>>> allows you write privelages & you have enough disk space to copy the
>>> mail box."
>>>
>>> WTF!!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for help!

>> The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
>> your problems
>>
>> Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
>> mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
>> settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files that
>> end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does this work?
>>
>> To find your TB profile, you can read this:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
>>
>> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
else, right?

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear
until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

gwtc wrote:
> KDG wrote:
>> I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
>> avail.
>> Any more suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:16:56 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
>>> your problems
>>>
>>> Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
>>> mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
>>> settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files
>>> that end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does
>>> this work?
>>>
>>> To find your TB profile, you can read this:
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
>>>
>>> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
>>>

> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
> else, right?

That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

gwtc

Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> KDG wrote:
>>> I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
>>> avail.
>>> Any more suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
>> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
>> else, right?
>>

> That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200
spams a day.

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Guess Who came before Who.

Doug G

gwtc wrote:
> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
>>> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
>>> else, right?
>>>

>> That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

> in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
> SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200
> spams a day.

I used to get stuck messages on Comcast's mail server but not lately.
They seem to have fixed the problem.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

gwtc wrote:
> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
>>> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
>>> else, right?
>>>

>> That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

> in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
> SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200 spams
> a day.

Ran into it once. NOTHING I could do on my computer worked. The only
means of clearing it was getting my ISP to clear the message out of the
mailbox. I had actually called the ISP because it wasnt clear what
settings to use for telenetting in - and when I told them why, they said
they could do it for me - poof - by the time I was off the phone, the
problem was gone.

Of course you dont see it often, because it means the spam (in which it
is usually contained) DOESNT get through! So spammers tend to avoid
using such, as it is counter to their purpose... they want you to see
the message, NOT have it stuck in your mail box!