Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computers in same room see different networks

Computers in same room see different networks

JohnD

We have 3 access points on the different channels. One allows clients
to use the internet without having to be on our LAN. "view wireless
networks" on Windows XP sp2 won't show the same ones available even
after a refresh even if I place the computer near the access point, yet
another computer sees it and connects just fine. Computers are set to
see any avaialble network. SSIDs are named NETWORK1, NETWORK2,
INTERNET1.

Can anyone shed light on this behavior?
Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Let me understand you have few Wireless capable computers and one of them
does not see any of the available connections (APs)?
Can this computer work with the Wireless in another place or it seems that
the Wireless (or wire if there is one) does not work at all?.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...